Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lake Arrowhead

Last Saturday my friends and I decided to drive up the mountains to Lake Arrowhead. It's been really hot in the valley recently so we wanted to go somewhere cooler!


It took about an hour to get from Pomona all the way up the mountain but the view made it completely worth it.



It got really windy as we got near the top!



My favorite part about driving through the mountains is the winding road. Something about it gets me really excited to reach the top!


The long drive was completely worth it. Since tourists come to the lake during the summer, the village was quiet and peaceful. It was more relaxing than we could have hoped for.


There were so many ducks on the lake! I was sad we didn't have any food for them. One mallard even came on deck to say hello!  

  

I got really excited when I saw this restaurant sign...


but sadly they were closed (an excuse to go back!) so we found a cute diner that served an amazing smoked salmon pizza.

View from our booth window!
The village was adorable. They had a whole set of attractions for children!


 And of course, some for us "adults".


We also spent a good chunk of our time in the village playing games in a toy store. All in all it was an amazing way to spend a Saturday.


 Hope you all had lovely weekends!

Bisous mes cheris***

No comments:

Post a Comment