Friday, January 31, 2014

Wishlist: Bringing Paris to San Francisco

I think about my time in Paris everyday. It feels like ages ago but I hold all my memories so dear to me. I wish desperately that I could go back but sadly I don't think that will happen for a while. For now, I'll just try to bring some of Paris to my home.

When I think of Paris, a few things come to mind but the easiest to have here are shoes, books, and accessories. Women in Paris wear a variety of shoes that are very different from the styles you'd see in the states. Oxfords, loafers, and ballet flats are particularly popular.

Oxfords by Fioni

Pumps by Franco Sarto

Loafers by Adam Tucker

Flats by Steve Madden

Without Netflix or Hulu in France, I got a ton of reading done. Here are some books that I would love to have that remind me of Paris:

French Phrasebook

Madeline

Paris in the 1920s

Coco Chanel: An Intimate Life


The French Market Cookbook


I like to pretend that Paris never left the 1920s era because it's my favorite time period, so here are some pieces that remind me of that period.

Kingsley Cloche
Sheboygan Ribbon Cloche
Comete Cardigan
Amour Bobby Pin Set

Snow Bloom Bobby Pin
As you can see, I have a torrid love affair with Anthropologie. When I'm rich and famous, I will buy everything on their site.

On a slightly more serious note, I miss Paris like crazy. I made a Facebook status about it before I left, and I think it really expresses how I felt about leaving and how I feel now.

"People have been asking me how I feel about leaving Paris in four days, and I haven't really known exactly what to say until now. I am, of course, overjoyed that I will be returning home to my family and friends but what I've come to realize is that I will be sad to leave Paris not because I'll miss the city, but because I'll miss the home I have here. After four months of being here, I am no longer simply visiting Paris, I am living in it. I have a favorite cafe, and a grocery store I prefer to go to, and a favorite place to walk when I'm killing time. I know that I can always come back to Paris but what I will miss the most is the home that I have made here, at this moment, in exactly this spot, that I have been living in. With this in mind, I want to say "merci et à la prochaine" to a city and country that will always been my home away from home."

Bisous mes cheris***

No comments:

Post a Comment