Thursday, January 2, 2014

Breakfast Food Embroidery

While I was in France, I wasn't able to make anything since I was without my supplies. Now that I'm back, I'm trying to catch up! There are quite a few things I'd like to embroider and recently I just tried my first one!


The original quote is from and episode of Parks and Recreation. The character Ron Swanson says, "I am a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food." I found a similar quote online that applied to me a little bit more.


I started by ironing my fabric and printing out the quote in a big, dark font. I have terrible handwriting to I decided to stick with a computer font. I traced the quote into the fabric first by using the Singer water soluble pen in the photo and then the regular blue ink pen. The Singer pen was too light and difficult to see. I found that the dark thread covered the blue ink well and the white thread did an okay job. Nothing you would notice from far away. 

I will be honest, I googled how to embroider. The internet is a great resource! Anyway, I figured out how to do some basic stitches and went from there. I also had my brother draw a frying pan with eggs in it for me. 


It was an easy, fast  project and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I definitely have more embroidery plans in the future!

Bisous mes cheris***

No comments:

Post a Comment