Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Day in the Life: Paris

I've been in Paris now for a little over three months now, so I thought I'd share my routine with everyone.

I take classes every day at the Sorbonne University and at the CEA Campus; CEA is the program I'm studying abroad with. I've been having a great experience with them so far and if you're interesting in studying abroad, I'd recommend checking out their site: http://www.ceastudyabroad.com/ Sadly school does take up a lot of my time since I have CEA classes in the morning and Sorbonne in the afternoon and after two hours of grammar and one hour of phonetics, I'm exhausted. I have been trying my best though to make the most of my daily life in Paris.

My roommate's friend was staying with us for nine days and just left a few days ago. While she was here we acted a little more touristy than usual but it's been really fun and it's honestly a good way to make sure I've seen most of the city as well! My roommate is a big foodie (check out her blog if you get the chance! http://thegoldpalette.blogspot.fr/), so we often try out new restaurants near us. The CEA campus is in the Marais (we got extremely lucky with this) and our Sorbonne campus is in Montparnasse (which is also pretty lucky).

When we have time before classes in the morning, we sometimes go to this breakfast place on Rue de Temple (or do laundry depending on the day). It's small but has a great atmosphere, and there's always international tourist there which makes for some fun conversation.


We don't often go out to dinner since we eat earlier than more French people and restaurant aren't always open, but we do like to treat ourselves every once and a while! We recently tried a beer place in Montparnasse that was wonderful. We went during happy hour so the beers were cheaper (woohoo!) and the food was super yummy (though it's hard to go wrong with toasted goat cheese).


It was really nice to unwind after a long day with friends, and really soak in the night life. It's still crazy for me to think I'm in Paris and I'm having this incredible experience and that real life is waiting for me back in California.

I'm leaving in just a few weeks so I'm going to try to make every second count! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Bisous mes cheris***

Photo credits to Monica Park


No comments:

Post a Comment