Sunday, December 15, 2013

Euro Disney!

A few weeks ago I got to cross something of my bucket list: go to Euro Disney! I was also lucky enough to be able to go with some of my very good friends which includes my photographer.
Hooray for photobombs!

As an avid Disneyland goer, I was really excited to compare the different parks. Euro Disney is comprised of two parks: Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios. Both of the parks are significantly smaller than Disneyland or California Adventures, and certain aspects aren't quite as modern, but it has an amazing charm. A lot of the rides in both parks are ones I've seen in Disneyland or exist in DisneyWorld, and there are a few that are unique to Euro Disney. My favorite rides in Disneyland are usually Alice in Wonderland, Haunted Mansion (preferably during the holidays) and Space Mountain, and the rides I liked the most at Disneyland Paris aren't too different! Thunder Mountain railroad and Space Mountain are very different than Disneyland but I enjoyed them the most. I also really liked the Tavern of the Dragon but that was an attraction not a ride.

Haunted Mansion



Tavern of the Dragon

It felt really amazing being at the park. I go to Disneyland at home so often that if feels very familiar and comfortable to me; being at Euro Disney made me feel like I was home. Being there with my best friends from my program here made me feel so happy and content.

It also didn't hurt that all the Christmas decorations are up right now and that just makes the park feel so festive and inviting. The park doesn't have a fireworks show at the end of the night but they do have a light show where they project images onto Sleeping Beauty's castle.




All in all, it was a magical day that I wished didn't have to end. Being in the park reminded me how lucky I am to be in Paris and to have really amazing friends who care so much about me. I hope everyone is getting super excited about the holidays!

Bisous mes cheris***

Photo credits to Lisa Cherkassky  and Monica Park

No comments:

Post a Comment