Saturday, December 28, 2013

Everyday Makeup Picks

Today's post is going to be about the makeup I use everyday. I have a lot of favorites but these are the things I NEED when I'm getting ready for the day. Now I'm going to start by saying some of this has been changed since this photo was taken, as it was taken while I was in France and I am now home and have acquired some new products.

The first thing I do in the morning is I wash my face. It's very important to clean your face before you start applying makeup, but I also just love the way it feels when I'm trying to wake myself up. I use Lush's Dark Angels cleanser, followed with the Tea Tree Water toner, the Celestial moisturizer and ending with sunscreen. If you are interested in using Lush products but you aren't sure which ones would work best with your skin type, I highly recommend going to a store and talking to one of their employees. They are very knowledgeable and most of the time extremely nice!

I finish prepping my face by applying Bare Escentuals Prime Time Foundation Primer before I apply Bare Escentuals Foundation. After I apply foundation, I like to sweep some sort of highlighter over my cheeks and down my nose. I really like Soap & Glory's Glow All Out and Boujois's Java Rice Powder. (Side note: Did you know that Boujois product are exactly the same as Chanel's? Boujois makes all of Chanel's makeup and it's the same stuff as the drugstore brand).

Next I apply my L'Oreal eyeliner before using my potted eyeliner. I prefer the brown to the black because brown is definitely dark enough and black can be a bit too intense. After the eyeliner dries I curl my eyelashes and finish off with my Urban Decay mascara. I started curling my eyelashes at the beginning of college and now I do it religiously. It makes a huge difference!

I have a variety of lip colors and most of them are Urban Decay. I really trust Urban Decay as a brand, and I own a lot of their products. I always use a lip exfoliant and lip primer before my final lip color. When I'm feeling really ballsy, I use MAC's Russian Red with their Kiss Me Quick liner.

And finally, after I've put on everything, I finish with my perfume. I found this perfume by chance but it is my scent now. I think it's important for everyone to have a scent that they can be identified by. It also boosts my confidence when I know I smell nice.

Hope everyone has fun plans for this weekend!

Bisous mes cheris***

Photo credits to Lisa Cherkassky

No comments:

Post a Comment