Monday, December 30, 2013

Les Miserables in London

Sorry for the late post but I had something on my mind I wanted to share.

While studying abroad I saw Les Miserables in London with my mom. It was the first time I had seen it and the only word I have for it is "flawless". I watched the movie after and wasn't quite as pleased, but I bought the soundtrack to the original London production and listened to it throughout the rest of my stay in Paris.


After learning so much about France's history, seeing this musical made me feel even more connected to the country. It's not only a phenomenal story but it's amazing to think about Victor Hugo living through this event and then writing such a powerful novel. Hugo is considered to be a national hero in France. He had one of the first national funerals in France and is buried in the Pantheon alongside other "grands hommes", including Marie Curie and Emile Zola.

Listening to the soundtrack while I'm here at home makes me feel so connected to Paris. It's been a weird adjustment back to the States but I'll get there. This soundtrack is very helpful. I'm excited to read the book as well and I think that will help a lot too.

I hope everyone had a great Monday.

Bisous mes cheris***

No comments:

Post a Comment