Saturday, December 7, 2013

Fossil Finds

One of my long-term life obsessions is the brand Fossil. They pride themselves in their ability to draw inspiration from vintage American styles to make some really modern and timeless pieces. Just like the brand Oysho, I feel like as if this mark was made for me. I have to be extremely careful every time I walk into that store! There is a beautiful Fossil store in the Carrousel de Louvre that I have been frequenting since my arrival. I clearly haven't been careful enough since I have purchased two watches, a wristlet, and a limited edition hand bag in the past three months.
This is my current collection of Fossil watches. I brought the white watch with me to Paris and I have purchased the other two since then. 
This watch is special to me because it was the first "designer" watch I purchased with my own money. It's a perfect watch that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. After I bought it, it became my "every day" watch and still is! I'm not the most graceful person and I tend to hit my wrists against things a lot. This watch has survived many a good "whack" against a wall, and has yet to scratch or crack.


My favorite part of this watch is the moon phase feature. It's technically advertised as a man's watch but I fell in love and decided I couldn't live without it. The crystal on the face and the setting are both really thick which makes it feel almost like a pocket watch. I love how even thought this watch isn't the most flashy or complicated, it has a real rustic simple beauty.


This one is pretty much the exact opposite of the moon phase watch. I love rose gold and navy blue  them together in this very chic and elegant style meant I had to have it. It's band and face are extremely heavy which makes me feel very strong and powerful (is that weird?) I has a lot more complications than the other watches which makes it even more fun to look at.


Another fun part about buying watches at Fossil is that you get to choose the case! They have a lot of really fun, vintage designs and the boxes are mad of tin so they'll really protect your valuable purchase.

The wristlet was more of an impulse buy. I somehow convinced myself I needed a VERY small bag to walk around Paris with. It's funny how "I'm in Paris" has become an excuse for spending more and more money.

I sadly sent my limited edition handbag home when my mom was here to visit so I don't have any photos of it. It is so gorgeous though, and I promise to post some when I get home and am reunited with it!

Bisous mes cheris***

Photo credits to Lisa Cherkassky

No comments:

Post a Comment