Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Current Obsession: Soap & Glory

I'm not sure how many of you have ever heard of the brand Soap & Glory, but if you haven't, I'll get you started.

Soap & Glory is a bath, body, and cosmetic company based in London and was founded in 2006 by Marcia Kilgore. Kilgore opened a spa in New York at the age of 26 and as a world renowed skincare expert, was wildly successful. Her philosophy is "beauty absolutely matters, [but] it doesn’t matter absolutely". The company believes in beauty being fun as well as environmentally conscious. Last year the company launched the 2 Minute Rinse Campaign as a way to approach the global water shortage. All in all, this company really cranks out some wonderful products that work well, while maintaining and positive message.

Now to my obsession. I like to try out new body products every once and a while to see if I can find something I like more than what I already have. I tend to stick to the same companies, but sometimes another brand will catch my attention and I just have to try it; Soap & Glory was one of those brands. Since the company is based out of London, they aren't the easiest to get in the United States. I can purchase them online but with the exchange rate of the pound being as crappy as it is and the cost of shipping, it wasn't looking too good. I recently went to London with my mom and spent most of that Sunday looking for Sobranie cigarettes (which I ended up finding later in Edinburgh). I was very discouraged and upset when I was unable to find them but my mood lifted drastically when I walked into a Boots and saw Soap & Glory products. It took me a minute to calm down and to stop being embarrassed since I had exclaimed quite loudly upon seeing the products, but once I composed myself, I proceeded to buy a gigantic bottle of their award winning lotion.

I use that sucker every day! It smells amazing and was pretty inexpensive for the big bottle. Above is a picture of those bottles as well as other products I bought when I went to Ireland. "Glow All Out" is a pressed sparkly powder (I say sparkly because I find words like "illuminating" or "luminescent" or whatever to be misleading). It goes on very lightly but that's what I like. I don't tend to put on a lot of face makeup since my skin can be very sensitive. My photographer got the "One Heck of a Blot". Though she has yet to try the powder, I have read nothing but good reviews online.

I also got two very neutral lip colors. They're both matte (my favorite!!!) and stay on very well. Sadly since the weather in Paris has been so cold, my lips have been very chapped and sad so the lipstick hasn't been looking super nice (matte finishes aren't as forgiving as glossy). However I am very pleased with the color and how long I can wear it before having to reapply.

And of course I can't live without a travel sized bottle of lotion so I have a cute tiny one for my purse.

Perfect size huh? Anyway, I hope this post inspires you to check their stuff out. If nothing else, the names of their products will give you a chuckle.

Bisous mes cheris***

References: http://www.soapandglory.com/blog/about-us/#

Photo credits to Lisa Cherkassky


No comments:

Post a Comment